September 10, 2018
Kind + Jugend, from 20 – 23 September 2018, is showing a slight plus in terms of the number of exhibitors and the internationality. Around 1,250 providers (a plus of approx. two percent) will exhibit in an area of 110,000 m². This year the companies come from 53 countries (2017: 49 countries). The foreign share lies, as in the previous year, at 86 percent. More than 22,000 trade visitors from around the world are once again expected. This means that the prospects for another successful Kind + Jugend in Cologne are very good, particularly as the trade fair is once again very broadly based. The industry also positively views the fact that the baby boom is continuing in many countries, including in Germany.
Kind + Jugend 2018 can thus build on the extraordinary previous year, and in the process profits from, among other things, the innovations introduced in 2017. Especially the expansion of the exhibition space to 110,000 m², which was made possible by the addition of hall 4.1, has proven its worth.
The trade fair can in this way be even more clearly structured in terms of content. The fluctuation within the grounds could also be optimised . The themes of prams and children’s car seats, living textiles, baby and children’s furniture, hygiene articles, toys and fashion are distributed among the available halls 10.1 and 10.2, 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3, as well as 4.1, and present the entire market for Germany and those from abroad.
Kind + Jugend can present a unique balance: the numbers of both exhibitors and visitors have doubled since 2004. This corresponds to an increase of 96.7 percent in the number of visitors and a plus of 154 percent for exhibitors.
In addition to the participation figures, the number of well-known providers represented at Kind + Jugend is impressive. The who’s who of the baby and toddler outfitting industry are gathered in Cologne.
The presentation of new products and innovations enjoys a high priority here. The focus is primarily on continuing qualitative development, safety and health aspects. Sustainability is also increasingly a consideration. Many new products and innovative sales concepts are traditionally first presented in Cologne.
Jugend also contribute to the great diversity of the offering. Young German companies will once again present themselves under a common umbrella, sponsored by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Country pavilions from France, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Spain and the USA also present the bundled competence of their exhibitors.
Impulses through an attractive event programme
Kind + Jugend also underlines its importance as a trend barometer and display window for industry and commerce with its attractive event programme. As the world’s leading trade fair, Kind + Jugend provides important impulses.
• Kids Design Award – future-oriented prototypes from the furniture segment – Presentation of the ten best designs, selected by a trade jury from 140 submissions from 31 countries – Award ceremony on 20 September, 1:00 p.m, Trend Forum, hall 11.1, stand E-050/F-059.
• Innovation Award – Top product innovations and further developments from the industry – Presentation of the 33 nominated products in an attractive special event, elected by a trade jury from 198 submissions from 27 countries – Award ceremony for the eight top products on 20 September, 10:00 a.m., Trend Forum, hall 11.1, stand E-050/F-059.
• Consumer Award – the best products from eight countries, selected by consumers in media partner surveys.
Hall 10.1, stand C-070/D-071.
• Design Parc – Exhibition of ready-for-market international design products.
Hall 11.1, stand C-040/D-049, C-050/D-059.
• The Connected Kids Room –– a real, fully equipped children’s room with digital, smart products. Exhibition, hall 11.2, E-021.
• Trend Forum with trend lectures – Hall 11.1, stand E-050/F-059 Lectures, including from trend researchers of GfK, Trendbible and The Insights People. The German Association of Children’s Outfitting Manufacturers (BDKH) also provides information on current industry themes.
Source: Kind + Jugend Press Release
September 10, 2018