Started in 1992 by Mr. Satish Gupta, Bodycare International Ltd. has made its mark as being country’s leading manufacturer and supplier of Kids Undergarments, Infant wear, Thermals & Loungewear for complete family. Mommy & Baby Times (MBT) interacts with Mr. Mithun Gupta, Director at Bodycare International Ltd., delving in about the product range, market reach and the significant developments at the company.
January 20, 2020
MBT: Kindly trace the business story of Bodycare and the significant milestones the company has achieved in the three decades of its business operations.
Mithun Gupta: Driven by the values of trust, quality and excellence, Bodycare International Ltd. in the past two decades has become a force to reckon with in the innerwear market. Founded in the year 1992 by Mr. Satish Gupta, the company today enjoys the distinction of being the country’s leading manufacturer and supplier of Kids Undergarments, Infant wear, Thermals & Loungewear for the complete family. With a constant thrust on cutting edge research and technology, the company is credited with pioneering products that have revolutionized the innerwear apparel industry.
Under the astute leadership of a dynamic visionary, our founder- Mr. Satish Gupta and being managed by myself along with competent and distinguished Co-Directors- Mr. Sachin Gupta and Mr. Amit Gupta, our company’s reach spans across all states making it the country’s top five innerwear brands.
Take us through the product range of the company.
With the products tailored to suit the changing tastes, time and trends, the brand caters to the middle, upper middle and upper class – providing high-quality products at affordable prices.
Starting from ‘Infants’, there are Innerwear & Apparels and for ‘Kids’, we have Innerwear, Apparels, Loungewear & Thermals. In the ‘Men & Women’ category, there are Loungewear, Thermals and Apparels. In particular, the Infantwear range covers- Innerwear comprising of Vests, briefs, panty, and bloomer and Outerwear has T-shirts, sets, capris, shorts, rompers, and frocks.
“We have a strong online presence… Furthermore, apart from a strong presence in 15000+ brick and mortar stores across India, we are also present in ten exclusive brand outlets”
Share some details about the raw material procurement and manufacturing of the products.
Our manufacturing units are located at Noida, Delhi and Dehradun and 80% of the raw materials are manufactured in-house under our strict quality control management team. Coming to the remaining 20% of the raw materials, we also procure and source from the best possible markets in terms of quality and where it is also available in abundance.
What is the present physical and online market presence of the brand?
We have a strong online presence and our products are listed in almost all the top e-portals such as Amazon, Flipkart, etc. Furthermore, apart from a strong presence in 15000+ brick and mortar stores across India, we are also present in ten exclusive brand outlets and the count is on.
Kindly outline on the kind of recognition that Bodycare has received in the market.
Reflecting a style that echoes the sentiments and aspirations of the urban dweller, Bodycare International Ltd. has become synonymous with providing stylish products to fashion-savvy consumers who value money and aspires for quality products. We are one of the most trusted brands across India, especially for kids, and we hold the leading position for thermal wear in India.
“One of the recent developments at our company is the exclusive anti-bacterial technology that we have introduced in Bodycare thermals… we seek to continue to bring products in accordance with the trends and demands in the market.”
How would you describe your various retailing and distribution strategies?
As we have a strong network of 300+ distributors and 15000+ retailers, we keep them unified through exciting trade schemes and attractive offers so as to keep them motivated throughout. Also, we make sure to take their valuable feedback and get it implemented in the trade whenever it is required.
Could you please outline on the recent developments and future plans of the company?
One of the recent developments at our company is the exclusive anti-bacterial technology that we have introduced in Bodycare thermals. In the future, we seek to continue to bring products in accordance with the trends and demands in the market.
How do you foresee the potential of growth in the baby and kids fashion segment in the Indian market? Where do you see Bodycare positioned in the next five years?
We foresee the enormous potential of growth in the baby and kids fashion segment in the Indian market. As we are already leaders in kids’ innerwear and thermals category, we aim to be the leading brand in the kids’ apparels, night wear, and lounge wear industry.